June 14 is Blood Donor Day. If you decide to become a donor, the following information may be helpful:
The donor can be any healthy person aged 18 to 60 years with registration, who agreed to donate blood or plasma, and has no medical and social contraindications. Admission of donors to the blood service institution is carried out on the basis of an identity document of the donor (passport) and identification code. Before the medical examination, the donor fills out a questionnaire, giving answers to the questions posed in it and certifies them with a personal signature.
Recommendations for donors:
- You can not donate blood after work in the night shift.
- Three days before the blood donor, you need to exclude fatty foods from your diet and do not drink alcohol.
- In the evening before blood donation a light dinner, and in the morning, on the day of blood donation donor should limit of sweet tea with bread or low-fat cookies.
- Immediately after donating blood, you can not engage in heavy physical labor, drink alcohol, drive vehicles, work at height.
The donor should not suffer from:
- HIV / AIDS;
- infectious hepatitis;
- tuberculosis, brucellosis, tularemia, toxoplasmosis, malaria;
- myocardial infarction, rheumatic heart disease, heart defects;
- oncological diseases;
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum;
- kidney and liver diseases;
- mental and behavioral disorders;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- bronchial asthma and allergic diseases;
- prion infections;
- diseases that require hormonal drugs.