It is 1,001 new cases of HIV infection and 1,265 cases of tuberculosis were officially registered in Ukraine in January 2021, according to the Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
1,001 new cases of HIV infection were officially registered in Ukraine, 313 patients were diagnosed with AIDS, and 158 people died of AIDS. Ways of HIV infection in Ukraine in January 2021:
- heterosexual - 606;
- homosexual - 28;
- parenteral - 360;
- vertical - 167 **;
- unknown - 0.
* Excluding data from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea from 2014 and parts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts from 2015.
** Most of them (about 98%) will not have HIV after 18 months.
In January 2021, 1,265 cases of tuberculosis were registered in Ukraine:
- 998 new cases;
- 267 patients with relapse;
- 44 patients who resumed treatment after a break;
- 68 patients who started re-treatment after failure;
- 24 other cases;
- 1 patient with an unknown history of previous treatment.
In January 2021, a total of 12,143 people were treated for tuberculosis.