According to the Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, in June 2020, 1,467 new cases of HIV infection and 1,199 cases of tuberculosis were officially registered in Ukraine (excluding data from Crimea from 2014 and parts of Donetsk and Luhansk from 2015).
Of the 1,467 new HIV cases reported, 374 patients were diagnosed with AIDS and 183 died of AIDS.
Ways of HIV infection in Ukraine in June 2020:
- heterosexual - 794;
- parenteral - 632;
- homosexual - 37;
- other non-medical interventions - 1;
- vertical - 139 (most of them (about 98%) after 18 months will not have HIV);
- unknown - 2.
In June 2020, 1,199 cases of tuberculosis were registered:
- 971 new cases;
- 1 case with an unknown history of previous treatment;
- 228 patients with relapse;
- 22 patients who resumed treatment after a break;
- 82 patients who started re-treatment after failure;
- 41 another case.
In June 2020, a total of 15,731 people were treated for tuberculosis.